Friday, May 9, 2008

Blood Red Shoes - La Maroquinerie 8 May 2008


The best concert I've been to in quite a while. These guys are fantastic live. I'm a a big fan of their album 'Box Of Secrets' and have featured them in one of the playlists. La Maroquinerie is a typical underground garage type venue and it fitted the music perfectly. They played for about 50 blistering minutes and the pace never let up. Of course, there were a couple of songs that weren't great but their pure energy and intensity made even the weaker songs sound brilliant.

And the best songs off the album really get brought to another level live. 'Say Something, Say Anything' is one of my favourite songs of recent memory and it was fantastic live, even better than on record. 'I Wish I Was Someone Better' and 'It's Getting Boring By The Sea' were other notable standouts. They're playing Dublin in early June, I'm going to just miss them but for anyone who can get to it, I'd definitely recommend it.

Here's a couple of videos and as good as they are, they're even better live.



No comments: