Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SXSW Preview Part 1


Every year the music industry heads to Texas for SXSW in the hope of discovering the next big thing. The festival can be a real springboard for bands, Bon Iver & Fleet Foxes were the big successes of the festival last year. Every year the organisers also put up a bunch of mp3s by some of the bands playing. There's probably around 2,000 musical acts, some brilliant, some rubbish and most I've never heard of. But I've put together a few of the ones I have heard of who have mp3s available and who I think are definitely worth a listen. I'll put up a part 2 in a few days.

Micah Dalton - Down, Down, Put It Down

Alela Diane - White As Diamonds

Girls - Lust For Life

Earlimart - Face Down In The Right Town

The Ettes - Crown Of Age

Danny Schmidt - This Too Shall Pass

Slow Club - Slow Club

Winterpills - Beesting

Lucero - What Else Would You Have Me Be

No comments: